The “Support” menu tab contains links to
- The Chapter Notebook where chapter officers can find the forms and other resources they need to do their jobs.
- The Region Notebook where a chapter’s Region Representative can access a digital version of the EGA Region Represenative’s notebook plus an archive of Board of Directors documents going back to 2010
- An archive of Sun Region newsletters going back to 2010
- The Ways and Means boutique
This page is also the “News and Announcements” archive
The Canopy Oaks Chapter, EGA, Tallahassee, Florida, is honored to host–
Jane Ellen Balzuweit, EGA National Teacher
Pulled-Thread and Counted-Thread
in Tallahassee, Florida for two separate day-long classes
October 13 and/or 14, 2017
|Date||Class||Type||Kit Fee||Class Fee|
|Friday, October 13||Casalguidi Altoid Sewing Box||Counted & Surface||$56||$28|
|Saturday, October 14||My’Lady’s Fan||Pulled Thread||$40||$28|
- Casalquidi Altoid Sewing Box – Counted and surface embroidery on6”x8” piece of 25 count Dublin linen. Pearl cotton size 8 and 12 is used. Kit includes instructions, needles, scissors, 3” ruler, threads, felt, padding, inner lining, magnetic strip & Altoid box. Difficulty level: all levels.
- My’Lady’s Fan – Pullled thread piece worked with pearl cotton size 12 on 12”x13” piece of 32 count Cashel linen. Pearl cotton size 8 is used. Students will learn 6 stitches, including one with beads. Kreinik gold Braid #8 is used for outlining the fan and sections. Kit includes instructions, needles, ground fabric, beads, and threads. Difficulty level: all levels.
|Casalguidi Altoid Tin||My’Lady’s Fan|
Location – Leroy Collins Leon County Library, 200 W. Park Avenue, Tallahassee, FL 32301. All-day parking is available in the lot adjacent to the library at a rate of $6 for 6 hours or all day. Street parking is limited; yet, if available, the meters do not need to be “fed” on Saturday.
Time – Classrooms are available for your set-up from 10:00-10:15am on Friday and Saturday. Classes are scheduled to run from 10:15am to 4:45pm each day.
Lunch – Lunchtime and breaks will happen as the teacher reaches a good break-point. Eat-in will be the plan. You may bring your own food, non-alcoholic beverages and cooler; or, you may purchase order-ahead box lunches.
Registration –Registration for Canopy Oaks chapter members begins on June 15, 2017. Registration for other EGA members begins on June 30, 2017. Registration closes on September 15, 2017. You may register for one or both classes. Registration for each class is limited to 20 persons. Download the registration form <here>
Questions – Contact person is Pam Doffek, Vice President, Canopy Oaks chapter, email@example.com.
Thursday Evening – Join us on Thursday evening for a wine and cheese reception to meet Jane Ellen. Details for this location and time will be sent prior to the event.
Hotel accommodations – Are easily accessible off Interstate 10 (I-10). Listing is available separately.More
The Sandhill Crane and Sarasota chapters have invited Tanja Berlin to teach two
workshops in February and March of 2018.
Registration forms for each venue are now available
Presented by the Sarasota Chapter
Sarasota Workshop Registration Form (click here)
These two projects will be taught concurrently in Sarasota
on February 27-28, 2018
Presented by the Sandhill Crane Chapter
These two projects will be taught concurrently in Spring Hill
on March 2-3, 2018
This is a brand-new GCC that premiered in the Education Supplement that accompanied the June issue of Needle Arts
The cost to take this GCC will be $62.
For more information about the GCC, please visit the national EGA website
To register or to get additional information about registration, course dates, or class locations, please leave a comment in the box below. Your comment will be forwarded to the Indian River Chapter.
posted: July 23, 2017More