Future meetings of the Sun Region Board of Directors will be held (click the date for additional information)
- April 15-17, 2016 at the Inn on the Lakes in Sebring,
- September 16-18, 2016 at Safety Harbor, FL
- March 24-26, 2017 at the Tampa Marriott – Westshore
- September 22-24, 2017 at the Castle Hotel, Orlando FL
- Copies of the most recent region meeting documents can be downloaded from the links below
- A digital edition of the Region Representives’ Notebook is available through the “Support” menu tabs
- An archive of region meeting documents is available through the “Support” menu tabs
- Job descriptions for the elected region officers can be downloaded from the links below
Why should a Chapter Representative stay
at the designated hotel for the
semi-annual Board of Director meetings?
Every chapter rep has asked herself this question at least once, especially when a meeting is scheduled for “commutable” hotel.
There are two answers to this question.
The first is that there’s more to these gatherings than the business meetings. There’s the Saturday luncheon, the Saturday evening program, and plenty of time to work on your embroidery among friends. It’s almost like a mini-retreat!
The second reason is less fanciful, but probably more important: The region counts on its board members to stay at the meeting hotel (and attend the Saturday luncheon) in order to keep its costs as low as possible. A few years ago, hotels were practically giving away meeting rooms and begging us to come back; those days are over. If we don’t attract enough overnight registrations to meet our negotiated room block or sufficient reservations for the luncheon, then we wind up owing the hotel money…a lot of money…money over-and-above the 20%+ surcharge that’s now automatically added to our bill.
The Sun Region ARDs work hard to keep our costs down, but the cycles of Florida’s tourist economy make it likely that the meeting-market is going to get tighter and more expensive. The only leverage that the ARD can bring to the table is the validity of the promises she makes regarding the number of rooms and luncheon meals we will need